North Texas Winterstorm Resources
- Feed the People Dallas is a mutual aid organization that is helping house people and get hot meals delivered to those in need. Visit their website or contact via Instagram @feedthepeopledallas
- Crowdsourced Document for DFW Winterstorm Shows document has lists of open gas stations, restaurants, hotels, grocery store, etc. and is continually updated.
- YMCA Warming Centers open from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Hot coffee, charging stations, WiFi access and water stations will be available. Locker rooms at these branches are also open for those who need a hot shower. Families can have exclusive use of the locker rooms for showers in 20- minute intervals:
- Moorland Family YMCA at Oak Cliff
- Park South YMCA
- Waxahachie Family YMCA
- White Rock Family YMCA
- J.E.R. Chilton Family YMCA at Rockwall
- Richardson Family YMCA
- Cross Timbers Family YMCA
- Semones Family YMCA
- Additional warming centers. Call 877-541-7905 or 211, the state's free 24-hour helpline.
- If you are without a place to stay during this extreme weather and at risk of exposure, call 512-305-ICEE to get the most up-to-date information about warming and cold weather shelters.
- Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS)
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Parkland HOMES Mobile Medical Clinic
- North Texas Food Bank Mobile Food Pantry
- Catholic Charities Mobile Food Pantry
- ICNA Relief DFW Doorstep Food Deliveries. Individuals can call Dallas office requesting specific items from the pantry and staff creates boxes or bags. Volunteers go to the recipient's home, ring the doorbell and walk away to ensure no contact.
- Texas Health and Human Services COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line
- CDC Stress and Coping Help Family Support and Resources
- ACH Child and Family Services Free Telehealth
- Mental Health America
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. 1-800-273-8255
- DBSA (Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance)
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America. Anxiety and depression
- Daily Strength. Anxiety, bipolar, depression, PTSD, fibromyalgia, addiction, cancer, death and dying and many physical conditions
- Texas Youth Hotline. Referrals to all types of agencies and other mental health resources
- I'm Alive. Online suicide prevention chat.
- Your Life Your Voice. Suicide prevention chat. Call 1-800-448-3000, text VOICE to 20121 or request an email.
- TeenTribe. Peer-to-peer support group for teens faced with mental health challenges and/or difficult family dynamics.
- Journey of Hope Grief Support Center. Organization dedicated to providing group grief support to children, adolescents, and their parents or adult caregivers who have lost a loved one to death. Visit website or call 972-964-1600
- Grief and Loss Center of North Texas. Multiple groups due to specific loss reasons including loss of an older child, homicide, partner loss, infant loss, etc. Call 214-452-3105.
- Grief Works. Free grief support program for children ages 5-18 and their adult family members.
- Lighthouse for New Hope. Provides free grief support for children and adults who have experienced the loss of a loved one. That loss may be from a death, divorce, separation or abandonment.
- That Discomfort You're Feeling Is Grief by Scott Berinato
- Understanding Grief by Jane E. Brody
- Grief: Coping with the Loss of Your Loved One by Katherine C. Nodal
- Stages of Grief for Children
- Connections App. A free smartphone app that is scientifically proven to support patients in recovery by reducing relapse and promoting pro-social engagement.
- Recovery Texas. Online 12 step meetings for AA, NA, recovery chat rooms.
- AA Intergroup Meetings. AA online meetings.
- AA Online Meeting. AA online meetings via Skype.
- Shatterproof. Virtual recovery meetings.
- DynamiCare Health. Free daily online recovery meetings.
- In the Rooms. Global recovery community
- Never Alone Club. NA online meetings
- Virtual NA. NA online meetings
- NA By Phone. NA phone meetings
- SMART Online Meetings. Online community designed to help one another recovery from addictive behaviors
- 12 Step Forums. 12 Step recovery forums
- SAMHSA Helpline. Substance abuse and mental health services. Call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or TTY: 1-800-487-4889. Available 24/7.
- Hippocampus. Free educational resources from middle school to college.
- KERA. At home learning toolkit and learning program.
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- The Academy of Art University. Free series of online events, including guest experts in art and design speaking through Zoom, movie afternoons and nights and virtual workshops on sketching and the use of various software programs.
- Stuck at Home Science
- American Museum of Natural History Museum. Exhibits and free science lessons from anthropology to zoology.
- Reading Rockets
- SmartTutor. Free word searches, coloring pages, free reading lessons, free math lessons, printable flash cards.
- Bedtime Math
- Gemiini. Online program to increase Speech, Language, Reading, Life Skills and Social Skills for people with Autism, Down Syndrome, Speech Delay, Stroke and others.
- Region 10 Dyslexia Support
- The Specific Learning Difficulties Association of South Australia. Free resources for families, including fun activities that emphasize phonemic awareness, reading and writing with phonics, spelling and math.
- Bookshare. Free online library with access to over 800,000 e-books for students with dyslexia, blindness, and other barriers to print reading.
- Autism Speaks
- Cigna's Autism Awareness. Behavioral Awareness Series: All About Autism
- BeeLine Reader. Online extension to make reading online easier for readers with dyslexia.
- COVID-19 Support: Special Education and Special Populations. TEA Special Education Support
- Autism Society
- Dallas County Tenant Hotline. Email email@example.com or call 214-653-6563 or 833-743-0072 to leave a message with address, name and number.
- DHA Housing Solutions for North Texas. Provides quality, affordable housing to low-income families and individuals through the effective and efficient administration of housing assistance programs across North Texas.
- Family Assistance Centers. Catholic Charities Provides rent assistance for zip codes: 75203, 75208, 75211, 75224, and 75233. Call 214-941-8596 on Monday mornings for an appointment.
- Tenant's Association of Dallas. (214) 823-2733. Meetings every Wednesday often where you can talk with attorney's regarding their case.
- Salvation Army Emergency Family Assistance Program
- Housing Crisis Center. Call 214-828-4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Texas Education for Homeless Children and Youth (TEHCY) Program
- SaveOnEnergy. List of energy providers providing COVID-19 financial assistance.
- Spectrum Internet. Free access to internet and WiFi for 60-days for new Pre-K to 12, college student and teacher households who don't currently have internet or WiFi.
- North Dallas Shared Ministries. Emergency financial assistance to people who need money to pay for rent and/or utilities.
- The Parenting Center. Free parent advice line, confidential telephone line for concerned parents or caregivers with questions about raising children. 817-332-6399 from 12pm to 3 pm
- Child Mind Institute
- National Parent Hotline. Call 1-855-427-2736 to get emotional support from a trained Advocate and become empowered and a stronger parent. Available 24 hours a day.
- 7 Ways to Support Kids and Teens Through the Coronavirus Pandemic
Social Emotional Learning
- Second Step K-8 Free social emotional lessons for students grades K-8.
- PBS Mindfulness Help
- Brain Pop. The Human Body and Social Emotional Learning health units
- The National Domestic Abuse Hotline. Provides tools and immediate support to empower victims and survivors to find safety and live free of abuse. We also provide support to friends and family members who are concerned about a loved one. Resources and help can be found by calling 1- 800-799-SAFE (7233).
- Texas Abuse Hotline. Call 1-800-252-5400 or use secure website for reporting suspicions of abuse, neglect and exploitation of children, adults with disabilities, or people 65 years or older.
- Catholic Charities. Free legal immigration services are available to any and all eligible clients. Contact 214-634-7182 for direct assistance regarding qualifications for no-fee immigration services.
- Legal Aid of Northwest Texas. Call the Legal Aid Line at 888-529-5277 from 9 am to 4 pm on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday for civil legal help and to talk to a lawyer.
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program. Helps clients with benefits, consumer, employment, family, housing, landlord-tenant, bankruptcy, expunctions and non-disclosures, probate, real property, tax, and wills cases.
Download a PDF containing this information by clicking here.