On April 28th from 10 am – 1 pm, Faith Family Academy will host our Annual Health and Wellness Fair on the Oak Cliff campus. A decade ago, this fair was created to encourage positive health behavior changes in our Faith Family Academy family. Now in its 11th year, the event has grown exponentially!
- For the first time ever, the National Kidney Foundation will conduct kidney screenings, blood pressure checks, BPI evaluation, urinalysis, and will have doctors on hand to discuss results immediately;
- Carter Blood Care, a long-standing supporter of our fair, continues their support this year;
- Texas Tech Health Science Center will bring a 16 person team;
- Chiropractors will provide massages and chiropractic health information;
- Dental providers and hospice care organizations are attending to provide information;
- Dallas Police Department, DART, NTX Poison Control will all be on hand to provide safety information;
- Healthy cooking demonstrations will be conducted by health food chefs;
- Physical fitness stations will be set up;
- And don't forget the fun! A DJ will spin tunes, a rock wall, bounces houses, face painting, and crafts for kids will all be a part of the celebration.
In addition, we are excited to roll out some new school initiatives and opportunities for our students:
- National Naval Defense Cadet Corps (NNDCC) representatives will be there to talk about the new program we are offering next year;
- Boy Scouts of America will be there to recruit for our first ever Cub Scout troop in the fall;
- and the YMCA will be there to talk about the summer camp opportunities and scholarships.
It will be a great day for our school and our community, so get it on your calendars! We hope to see you all there!