500On October 29th and 30th, our Freshman students will travel to the 360 Ranch in Jacksboro, Texas to take part in Faith Family Academy's Explore 360 Program. Developed in the Spring of 2018 for a select group of 4th and 5th grade students, the program, which was modeled after a Boy Scout Guardian experience, aims to take learning out of the classroom and into the outdoors.
The program offers 6 learning stations:
- Fishing – Rod and reel fishing in the stock pond
- Orienteering – map and compass scavenger hunt
- First Aid – introduction to safety and wilderness first aid skills
- Whittling – soap carving with a wooden knife
- Animal Tracking – examination of evidence of animal and plant life on a hike
- Building – using tools to build a bird house
The spring program was such a success that we quickly decided to extend it to our 8th grade students. But weather has not been kind to this class' experience - extreme heat in May and extreme rain earlier this month caused the program to be rescheduled twice. Those 8th graders are now Freshmen, and we look forward to finally experiencing Explore 360 with 100 boys on Monday and 100 girls on Tuesday.