Faith Family Academy Parents,
In order to be responsive to the rapidly evolving environment caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and comply with current local, state and federal guidance, Faith Family Academy is announcing the following schedule changes for student attendance and instruction:
Spring Break: Monday, March 16 – Friday, March 20
- Spring Break will occur as planned from Monday, March 16 – Friday, March 20.
- All district facilities will be closed, and our maintenance and custodial staff will be performing additional deep cleaning of all district facilities.
Monday, March 23 – Friday, March 27
- Monday, March 23
- The District will invoke an Inclement Weather Day and students should not report to campus.
- Tuesday, March 24 – Friday, March 27
- STUDENTS SHOULD REMAIN HOME AND WILL BE EXPECTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ONLINE INSTRUCTIONAL PLAN. Further instructions for access to either the Online Instructional Plan or a printed paper copy will be provided separately.
- Elementary students will utilize Education Galaxy and Middle/High School students will utilize the APEX Learning Program.
- Students will be required to complete a minimum of 45 minutes in each of their four core courses (English/Spanish, Math, Science and Social Studies) each day.
- Student attendance will be taken by logging into the online class platform each day. Students' 2nd period teachers will call each day to remind students who haven't logged in by 10:00am.
- Students may come to campus for tutoring and/or meals during the following time periods:
- Tutoring will be offered on campus daily from 10:30am–1:30pm.
- School breakfast will be offered on campus daily from 7:30–8:30am.
- School lunch will be offered on campus daily from 10:30am–1:00pm.
- All gatherings sponsored by Faith Family Academy or hosted on campus during this time are cancelled or postponed until further notice, including:
- PTSO Spring Musical Celebration (March 24)
- Explore360 (March 26 & 27)
- YMCA After-School program
- School-sponsored athletics and extracurricular activities, including rehearsals, practices, competitions, clubs and service initiatives.
Monday, April 13
April 13 was previously scheduled to be an Inclement Weather Day but will now be changed to a Regular Instruction Day. All students are now expected to attend school on Monday, April 13.
Faith Family Academy is diligently working with the TEA, DSHS, CDC, and local health authorities. Updates will be provided or you can visit the News page at www.faithfamilyacademy.org for complete and accurate information.