Character development has always been at the center of teaching at Faith Family Academy, and the core values of good character are emphasized, repeated and put into practice daily. Faith Family Academy partners with Character Counts! To integrate practical strategies, curriculum and training to create a positive impact with students.
Character Counts! integrates character development and servant leadership training for every student at every grade level based on the six pillars of character. These values have been identified as core ethical values that transcend cultural, religious and socioeconomic differences. The Six Pillars of Character, when practiced, create a positive climate and culture of kindness which makes school a safer environment for all students.
The Six Pillars of Character:
- Be honest in communications and actions.
- Don’t deceive, cheat or steal.
- Be reliable — do what you say you’ll do.
- Have the courage to do the right thing.
- Build a good reputation.
- Be loyal — stand by your family, friends, and country.
- Keep your promises.
- Treat others with respect and follow the Golden Rule.
- Be tolerant and accepting of differences.
- Use good manners, not bad language.
- Be considerate of the feelings of others.
- Don’t threaten, hit or hurt anyone.
- Deal peacefully with anger, insults, and disagreements.
- Do what you are supposed to do.
- Plan ahead.
- Be diligent.
- Do your best.
- Use self-control.
- Be self-disciplined.
- Think before you act.
- Be accountable for your words, actions and attitudes.
- Set a good example for others.
- Choose a positive attitude.
- Make healthy choices.
- Play by the rules.
- Take turns and share.
- Be open-minded; listen to others.
- Don’t take advantage of others.
- Don’t blame others carelessly.
- Treat all people fairly.
- Be kind.
- Be compassionate and show you care.
- Show empathy.
- Express gratitude.
- Forgive others and show mercy.
- Help people in need.
- Be charitable and altruistic.
- Do your share to make your home, school, community, and world better.
- Get involved in community affairs.
- Stay informed; vote.
- Be a good neighbor.
- Obey laws and rules.
- Respect authority.
- Protect the environment.